Door step delivery of Health Services - Poultry vaccinators in Bangladesh
- 19,900 trained women vaccinators earning Tk500 per month.
- Reaching out to over 2.47 million women poultry rearers in all districts of Bangladesh.
- Poultry mortality reduced from 21.3% to 7.6% in just one year.
- Annual income of poultry rearers between Tk 400 to Tk 2919.
- Family consumption of eggs raised from 43 to 186 and meat from 1.6 kg to 16.7 kg per year.
- Government - NGO partnership.
- Semi-skilled female professionals making an income out of disease prevention and control.
- Showcases importance of having a planned selection criteria that results in women’s empowerment.
- Highlights importance of mass vaccination, cold chain maintenance and payment of vaccination services.
- A legal and referential frame work is crucial for sustaining female poultry workers.